September 1: Be It Resolved


WHEREAS, the William Penn reading for today has previously done been read;

and it is a national holiday celebrating the glorious heritage of labor, in which I get to be included because I went on strike this year, even though, unlike miners, say, I got cupcakes from Reese Witherspoon's assistant;

and, additionally, I have various and sundry things to do today;

that among these things are going to the Rose Bowl to see a man about a clock-cleaning (I am actually related by marriages to both Tennessee and UCLA but choose UT, wisely I think);

therefore I'm not writing anything new today (Note: I don't like the old Penn post, but here's a post about the Quakers I still kind of like.)

I feel bad, though. To make it up to you, here's Roy Clark doing "Rocky Top" Brady Bunch-style, plus Muppets:


UPDATE (9/2) -- Was my face red (or orange)! Plus I owe my UCLA kin some country ham.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Favorite line:

"They have a Right to censure, that have a Heart to help: The rest is Cruelty, not Justice."