Mar 6: Flow

Well, it has been a stressful day, for one reason and another, and it's nice to have a Classic to de-bummify things here at close. Now it's time to relax and enter another, more placid world. What do I pluck from the shelves tonight?
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
D'oh!

I don't have hardly anything to say about "The Raven," except to note that Poe has great flow:
You ever witness rapport like this before?
It's cause y'all kiss the floor, say this my lord
It's the chosen one, with the golden tongue
Flow for the old and young when i'm holdin one
Sorry, that's Rakim. Here's Poe:
Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
You get the idea. And now, like Poe's narrator himself, I desire oblivion.

No comments: